POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Group animation project proposal : Re: Group animation project proposal Server Time
25 Jul 2024 18:19:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Group animation project proposal
From: Rohan Bernett
Date: 5 Aug 2002 21:15:19
Message: <web.3d4f22de9fdfa9aa18ccf4f70@news.povray.org>
Tom Galvin wrote:

>If it is truly a fan effort and not for profit, an author
>may be inclined to give a limited license for free.

Well the project would be a true fan effort and not for profit. I would go
and contact the author, if I knew an email address to contact her at. What
is a limited license anyway?

>besides there is already a movie version of Harry Potter that is not half bad.

Unfortunatly it leaves out a fair bit of what is in the book (I'd guess
about a third of it), including an important part in the defences for the
philosopher's stone.

I recall reading somewhere that J K Rowling finds fan-made things about the
Harry Potter characters rather flattering, so I suppose this would be the
ultimate form of flattery for her. :-)

Rohan _e_ii